Surf at Assateague Island
Assateague Island State Park and National Seashore
You may forget your cares during a leisurely day at the beach. But even a beautiful beach has dangers especially for the unaware. Whether "catching some rays" or plunging in the surf, this informational page is designed to help you enjoy the fun and avoid the dangers.
WHEN IN DOUBT
State Park Site
- Stop at the visitor center
- Read regulations posted along beach walkways
- Examine bathhouse exhibits
- Look at the information sign on the lifeguard beach or
- Ask a lifeguard or ranger.
National Seashore Site